As a wise man said, safety should be your top-most priority, especially when you are on “mission hunting.” If you like deer hunting or climbing ventures, then you are susceptible to a lethal snake bite.
We know that getting the best waterproof snake-proof boots is not that simple But, Almost all hunters use them because optimum hunting protection is a necessity and those snake bites are PAIN!
In this read, we will take a look at some of the best waterproof snake boots that can protect you from viper’s poisonous snake bite, along with some secrets of effective snake boots, and the shoes that most of the world wears where the most dangerous snakes roam.
All these are also excellent if you are looking for something entirely insulated waterproof snake boots that will keep your feet warm and dry while providing the protection you want up to your knees.
Type of Snake Proof Boots
Snake proof boots are normally classified into two main types:
Long Grass Snake Boots
It is obvious that you will be walking for hours in grassy areas where you can find lurking snakes. In such situations, long grass snake boots are excellent because they are high up to your knee and provide added support and protection.
Pull-on Snake Boots
If you don’t like wearing long boots that come with laces up to the knees, then you will like to pull on waterproof snake boots. In fact, these are the first choice of many users, and you can easily find the top-notch pair on the market.
- Top 10 best waterproof snake boots: Comparison Table
- 1. Rocky Waterproof Snake Hunting Boot: (Lightweight Snake Boot)
- 2. Danner Hunting Snake Boot: (Best Waterproof Snake Boots For Hunting)
- 3. Lacrosse Snake Boots: (Rubber Waterproof Hunting Snake Boots)
- 4. Thorogood Snake Hunting Boot: (Affordable Snake Boots)
- 5. Irish Setter Snake Hunting Boot: (Ideal For Active Hunters)
- 6. Chippewa Waterproof Pull-On Snake Boot: (Classy Snake Proof Boots)
- 7. Rocky Knee High Waterproof Snake Boots: (waterproof protection snake boots)
- 8. Danner Men’s Snake Boot: (Suitable for snake bites protection)
- 9. Danner Snake Boot: (360˚ snake-proof protection)
- 10. HUNTSHIELD Muck Boot: (Women’s waterproof snake boots)
- Buying Guide
- Wrapping it All Up
- FAQ About: Best Waterproof Snake Boots
- Do rubber boots protect you from snake bites?
- How do I know these boots really do stop a snake bite?
- What’s the Difference Between Snake Boots and Snake Gaiters?
- Are there even venomous snakes in the United States?
- Are Snake Proof Boots Heavy?
- Will cowboy boots protect you from snakes?
- Do Companies Make Snake Boots for Ladies?
- Why Do Some Snake Proof Boots Have Multiple Materials?
- What To Do If You Get Bitten By A Snake?
Most of the people asked questions like “Do snake-proof boots really work ?” or “Are snake boots waterproof ?” So, we will try our best to give answers to these types of questions in this article.
Top 10 best waterproof snake boots: Comparison Table
|Rocky Lynx Waterproof Snake Hunting Boot
|Check on Amazon|
|Danner Hunting Snake Boot
|Check on Amazon|
|lacrosse snake boots
|Check on Amazon|
|Thorogood Snake Hunting Boot
|Check on Amazon|
|Irish Setter Snake Hunting Boot
|Check on Amazon|
|Chippewa Waterproof Pull-On Snake Boot
|Check on Amazon|
|Rocky knee high waterproof snake boots
|Check on Amazon|
|Danner Men’s Snake Hunting Boot
|Check on Amazon|
|Danner Hunting Snake Boot
|Check on Amazon|
|HUNTSHIELD Neoprene Muck Boot
|Check on Amazon|
1. Rocky Waterproof Snake Hunting Boot: (Lightweight Snake Boot)
- Includes lightweight yet sturdy synthetic sole
- The shaft is 15 inches from the arch and the heel measures around 1.5 inches
- Lace-up closure is secure, and the boots also feature D-ring hardware with a padded footbed
- The boots come with a reinforced toe and heel cap
Rocky is famous as well as a reputable brand in the shoe industry, serving for decades. And these Men’s Lynx waterproof snake boots live up to the brand’s reputation.
Rocky has comfortable and reliable snake-proof boots to keep your feet safe and dry for all those who often walk where snakes live. The durable snake-proof materials protect your feet even from the bites of most venomous snakes in North America.
Design and Comfort
The boot’s upper part features 16 inches of CORDURA fabric that is further protected by Mossy Oak Break-Up camo. This material can withstand rugged uses and extreme conditions.
At the same time, it is so lightweight. And you will not feel any additional weight while hunting and walking.
On both the heel and toe, this Rocky Lynx snake boot has reliable abrasion protection. You will find steel caps for both heel and toe protection.
Similarly, when you’re walking or running in the water, Rocky’s excellent waterproof construction keeps your legs and feet dry, we bet. The coverage is decent, and the boot’s height is enough to prevent a snake bite.
Shoe Sole and Closure
These best lace-up waterproof snake boots are the perfect mix of comfort and convenience. It comes with an inner side zipper that allows you to wear them and put them off easily.
For optimum comfort, it comes with a Terra Suspension polyurethane footbed that efficiently absorbs shock. The ever-reliable EVA midsole is also shock-resistant, compression molded, and long-lasting.
The rubber Lynx outsole allows you to move easily on all surfaces. So, if you were looking for the best snake boots for hot weather, these are perfect.
- Well priced, especially when compared with other high-end snake boots
- Secure lace-up closure and inner side zips
- Comfortable to wear and safe for all terrains
- Side zips are not durable
2. Danner Hunting Snake Boot: (Best Waterproof Snake Boots For Hunting)
- Includes premium-quality Nylon and full-grain leather
- The shaft is 16 inches from the arch, and the boot opening is around 19 inches
- Excellent 360° snake-proof protection
- The leather material is entirely waterproof, whereas denier Nylon is lightweight
- Comes with advanced GORE-TEX waterproof breathable lining
- It also includes a rear gusset with an adjustable fit for long-lasting performance
The Danner Men’s Sharp-tail Snake Boot is a perfect mix of superb protection and a comfortable design. As per consumer reports, the most prominent thing is its breathable fabric, which keeps your feet dry and doesn’t allow moisture build-up around your foot. Plus, it also offers a natural fit and feel.
Comfort and Design
Comfort and practicality are two things that are hard to find in a single pair of boots. Happily, the Danner Sharptail includes this ideal blend.
Its soft and well-cushioned footbed enables it to nicely caress your feet, whereas the leather exterior offers 360* protection from snake bites and other hazards, which makes it a practical pick.
Breathability and Waterproofing
Another unusual combo that this pair of good waterproof snake boots offers is consistent breathability and a high waterproofness level. For this purpose, the shoes come with the Gore-Tex lining that prevents moisture build-up.
The unseen holes in the lining maintain consistent airflow throughout the boot; at the same time, these tiny holes are solid enough to avoid water into your boots.
Fitment and Protection
Additionally, to ensure that this boot serves you for many years while offering a perfect and adjustable fit, it comes with a rear gusset. These are further supported with durable hardware and ensure that the boot maintains its original shape throughout usage.
Lastly, in simple words, these top-rated waterproof snake boots can withstand rugged usage without sacrificing your ability to move freely.
- These are the most comfortable waterproof snake boots
- Made from waterproof full-grain leather
- Comes with an adjustable strap
- Expensive than the others
3. Lacrosse Snake Boots: (Rubber Waterproof Hunting Snake Boots)
- The shaft is 14.5 inches from the arch, and the shoe platform is 1 inch
- For optimum snake protection, it comes with a flexible snake guard material
- Comes with multiple layers of cushion and support
- Offers customized fit with adjustable rubber gusset
- Multilayer rubber keeps your toe comfortable, and a full shin guard offers durability and heel protection
- It comes with a moisture-wicking and quick-drying jersey polyester liner
If you are looking for nothing fancy but simple snake boots for your next hunting adventure, these LsCrosse 4xAlpha waterproof snake boots offer nothing but supreme functionality.
These waterproof shoes are neither too heavy nor too flimsy. These hunting boots protect your feet and lower legs from snake bites, thorns, and other sharp objects.
These snake boots feature a high-platform heel, which helps and provides stability when you’re walking on slippery or icy terrains. It also provides additional clearance that allows you to wade through deep water while keeping your feet dry and protected.
Grip and Traction
For stability and perfect balance, it comes with an all-rubber sole that makes them slip-proof and allows you to dig into snow, mud, and gravel.
One thing important to mention here is that you can use these shoes in the summer and spring months, but you might feel a bit hot on your feet.
This is because these boots are specifically designed for cold temperatures. However, for the winter months, these are the best waterproof snake boots that will keep your feet completely dry on your next hunting trip.
- Well-built and material quality is top-notch
- Reliable coverage from snake bites
- Comes with adjustable gussets
- The closure is quick and easy
- Not suitable for hot environments
4. Thorogood Snake Hunting Boot: (Affordable Snake Boots)
- For maximum and firm traction, it has a slip-resistant rubber outsole
- The shaft is 17.75 inches from the arch, and the opening is around 18 inches
- Comes with a detachable dual-density polyurethane footbed
- Waterproof lining
Next, we have the Thorogood Men’s waterproof hunting snake boot. The boots are solid and offer optimum support for both your feet and calve that’s why people say these are the best snake boots for big calves.
Another remarkable feature of this pair is its affordable price. As we know cheap pair of snake boots can lead to severe pain and more than that in some cases, so you need a pair that offers reliable snakebite protection and keeps you super comfortable when you are walking on rough terrains.
Traction and Footbed
The boots come with a Z-Trac rubber outsole that is lightweight as well as slip-resistant. The build quality is up to the mark, and you can safely wear these shoes on all surfaces.
To further enhance the comfort level and stability, it comes with a dual-density footbed that you can remove and provides you the flexibility to use your own insole with these boots. Both these combine together and offer a comfortable and snug fit regardless of the terrain.
Having a waterproof snake hunting boot is always useful. This is because you never know what’s next when you’re on your hunting trip.
So, if your feet get wet due to any reason, you will start to get uncomfortable, and eventually, you will not be able to move further with heavy and wet feet.
Similarly, it can ruin your hunting trip in no time, but with these Thorogood waterproof snake boots no need to worry as it features a reliable Scotchgard waterproof protection of up to 3M water.
The boots feature a premium leather upper. At the bottom, it has rubber outsoles that are extremely durable but light enough to move around easily without feeling heaviness on your feet. High-quality manufacturing and materials also make cleaning a breeze.
- It features heavy-duty leather materials
- Durable and well-designed
- Safe to wear on all terrains
- Zippers are not sturdy
5. Irish Setter Snake Hunting Boot: (Ideal For Active Hunters)
- Made from premium leather and synthetic materials
- Comes with a lightweight and durable rubber sole
- Features RPM technology for added protection and comfort
- Includes Ultra-Dry Waterproofing system
- Special SnakeGuard design to prevent fangs, thorns, and other sharp elements
- It comes with ScentBan technology to remove the odor, causing bacteria
Irish Setter is a brand that needs no introduction. And their 2875 Vaprtrek waterproof hunting boots are ideal for rugged outdoor conditions.
Suppose you often come across mud, water, sand, or the parkland filled with dangerous creatures like rattlesnakes. In that case, these 2875 Vaprtrek waterproof boots are essential for your protection and ultimately for your life.
Design & Comfort
The boots are around 17 inches long measuring from the sole to the edge of your knee, and it includes Realtree Xtra green upper, durable and light-weight rubber sole, and personalized lace-on design.
In short, these are perfect for active hunters. When combined with Irish Setter’s exclusive RPM technology, these lightweight rubber soles offer the highest comfort and supreme durability. The lightweight design also makes these boots ideal for hiking adventures and uneven terrains.
Unlike others, these snake shoes are flexible and don’t create too much pressure on the shin. Moreover, the padded tongue of these boots protects your calf and shin and keeps them pressure-free.
The built-in UltraDry technology wicks the moisture and ensures that your feet remain dry during the adventure. The inclusion of ScentBan elements reduces foul odors and prevents bacteria build-up around your feet.
Materials & Design
The Vaprtrek features a 100% leather upper part that is nicely knotted with a non-woven fabric to prevent snake fangs. This material and the exclusive SnakeGuard feature keep your feet safe from snake bites and other sharp objects.
The makers reinforce them with a durable layer of ArmaTec scratch-resistant covering to make these boots more attractive and comfortable. This protecting layer is well-placed on the key areas to enhance the boot’s lifespan.
There is a major drawback as per the best waterproof snake boots consumer reports; the lace-up closure is a bit of irritation as the laces are too high, up to your knees. Boots also feature sturdy side zippers that make it easier to slide in or out.
- Sturdy construction that will last for years
- Prevents moisture build-up
- Safe for all terrains
- Zippers are robust
- The closure is a mess
6. Chippewa Waterproof Pull-On Snake Boot: (Classy Snake Proof Boots)
- Made from Cardura and leather material
- Comes with a Vibram sole
- Features breathable leather material and sturdy buckle strap
- Features evergreen pull-on style with a gusset
- Includes light-weight and removable insoles
- The chip-A-Tex waterproof membrane is handy
Going on hunting or any outdoor trip means you should be well-equipped with protective gear, but it does not mean that you compromise on the style. These Chippewa snake boots offer an ideal mix of optimum protection and modern style.
These are the best waterproof snake boots in terms of design and style. For elegant looks, these hunting shoes include an espresso-brown leather and trim design. Apart from hunting trips, these are also suitable to wear on the streets and to any other place you want.
The shoes are classy and come with an orthopedic insole that supports your feet and prevents them from fatiguing even after long and tiring walks.
Plus, you can also use your own insole with these boots. The sole that comes with these boots is removable, and we found it a sturdy one.
Vibram Outer Sole
Instead of a standard rubber outsole, these boots have a Vibram outsole, which is the best. The outer sole is shock-resistant, slip-resistant, and you will feel a little bounce in your steps when walking with these on.
It is something that a rubber sole cannot give. Also, it offers an additional layer of comfort and support to your feet with the Vibram outer sole.
- Straps are sturdy and offer a snug closure/fit
- Best for hunting as well as casual uses
- Easy to put on and off
- Not camouflage
7. Rocky Knee High Waterproof Snake Boots: (waterproof protection snake boots)
- The shaft is up to 16 inches from the arch, whereas the platform is up to 1 inch
- The boots feature top-quality full-grain leather and 900 Denier Nylon
- Guaranteed Waterproof Manufacturing from Rocky
- Comes with a moisture-wicking lining
- Reliable snake bite protection due to SnakeGuard materials
- The footbed includes high-density memory foam
There is no need to change your way when you have these Rocky Men’s 17″ Retraction top Waterproof Snake Boots. No matter how rough and challenging the terrain is, you can smoothly trek right through it with these supportive snake boots.
Waterproof Properties and Breathability
Rocky Waterproof snake boots ensure the maximum level of waterproof protection. Water cannot penetrate through these boots, whereas it also maintains consistent breathability to avoid moisture feet.
Due to these features, your feet will remain dry during that extreme hunting trip. Waterproof materials protect your feet and provide smooth airflow, even in the dampest conditions.
Footbed and Outsole
The boots come with an energy footbed that includes thick memory foam. Further, it has the ability to adapt to the shape of your foot, hence offering decent comfort throughout your outing.
The rubber outsole provides smooth traction on all surfaces, whereas the Strobel and cement construction ensures that these will serve you for a long time. The rubber outsoles also include lugs that firmly grips terrain when you’re on the move.
Design and Comfort
The boot’s lining is moisture-wicking, and it also features a nylon shank that offers much-needed support to your arch. The boot’s camouflage upper is nicely attached to the outsole to prevent foot fatigue.
Lastly, the unique design ensures that you can get into these tall waterproof snake boots without much hassle.
- Made from full-grain leather upper & 900-denier nylon
- An energy footbed keeps t it stable and comfortable
- Solid enough to prevent water penetration
- Guaranteed Rocky Waterproof protection
- Suitable for extreme environments
- Straps are not reliable
8. Danner Men’s Snake Boot: (Suitable for snake bites protection)
- Made from leather and Nylon materials
- The rubber sole is lightweight and durable
- The shaft is up to 17 inches from the arch
- Features GORE-TEX waterproof lining that is breathable
- Comes with side-zippers for easy on and off
- Includes thermoplastic PU shank with EVA cushioned midsole
Another Danner snake boot on our list! Because it is a brand that you completely trust. Danner’s snake-proof boots are waterproof, feature a stylish leather design, and are invulnerable to snake bites. In short, these are the best waterproof snake boots that you can buy.
Perhaps the thing that separates Danner snake boots from the others is the Gore-Tex waterproof lining and material. Not only it is entirely waterproof, but, highly breathable as well. This means no matter how much is the water, your feet will still remain breathable and will not catch that terrible damp smell.
Danner includes their patented Pronghorn outsole in these snake-proof hunting boots. Its rugged outsole offers firm traction on all types of tracks, even when you are running on slippery gravel and sand.
You will find high heels in the snake-proof boots that provide great stride and allows you to pass through almost all conditions easily.
However, sometimes you cannot “feel” the surface in high heel snake boots, meaning those are too noisy and can cause sore ankles after your trip.
Classic Leather Design
Danner has made some designing changes in these hunting boots, but you will still notice their classic leather appeal, which is Danner’s trademark from the decades. This pair is the best for snake bites but also suitable to wear with jeans.
- Low heel design prevents sore ankles
- Well-suited for slippery surfaces
- Highly breathable design
- Sturdy construction
- The closure is a hassle
9. Danner Snake Boot: (360˚ snake-proof protection)
- Features sturdy buckles at gusset and top of the foot to provide an adjustable fit
- Made from high-quality leather and textile materials
- The shaft is up to knee-high from the arch
- Provides 360˚ snake-proof protection
- Durable rubber outsole
- Made in the USA
Next, we have the Men’s San Angelo hunting snake boot by Danner. This classic snake-proof boot features full 360-degree snake bite protection.
The shoes are lightweight yet sturdy and for any rugged outdoor adventure and serious hunts. Soft leather lining and adjustable fit keep you comfy in various terrains even when you are wearing these in extreme temperatures.
Design and Comfort
These boots are made from premium grain leather and also include water-resistant Nylon panels. The combination of both these materials results in a highly abrasion-resistant upper. Furthermore, the pair also comes with a smooth leather lining for better comfort and a seamless mold as per your foot.
360° Snake Guard
You will also find a highly flexible best snake protection material between the liner and outsole that provides complete snake bite protection.
Danner’s exclusive Outsole
These Danner snake boot also features PU outsole that offers supreme comfort and durability under your foot. The sole’s low-lugged structure improves surface contact that gives a reliable grip on all terrains.
The boots are handcrafted seamlessly to give an extra-large platform, whereas Danner’s exclusive stitch-down manufacturing offers a customized fit and increased steadiness under your foot. The boots offer a perfect fit and provide sufficient space for quick and easy on and off.
- Features Danner’s classic design with necessary improvement
- Snakebite protection is reliable and up to the calf
- Pull-loop design allows for easy wearing
- Perfect for all terrains
- Bit Expensive
10. HUNTSHIELD Muck Boot: (Women’s waterproof snake boots)
- The pair comes with an adjustable back gusset and a durable strap for a customized fit
- Includes REALTREE Xtra camouflage design that blends perfectly with all seasons
- Features scent-free fleece lining for excellent warmth and comfort in winter
- Suitable for extreme winters as well as for early spring before the summer
- Safe to wear in low temperatures up to -4°F (-20°C)
The muck snake boots by HUNTSHIELD are the best for women who want a break from comfortable home slippers but without getting their feet dirty. Plus, these are also great for women who love demanding and thrilling adventures.
These muck waterproof snake boots are specially designed to provide optimum comfort, stability, and reliable snakebite protection when you are out on your adventure. Moreover, the shoes are entirely waterproof hence perfect for heavy-duty activities.
Design and Comfort
The HUNTSHIELD Women’s Neoprene Boots have two prominent features: a high comfort level and ruggedness. The snake boots for women come with a rubber outsole and odor-free Neoprene lining.
For a customized and snug fit, the boots have a removable back gusset and a durable strap so you can adjust the tightness quickly by using one hand.
This pair of snake boots for ladies comes with a comfortable molded PU insole, a well-designed and padded EVA midsole, and a highly durable and lightweight rubber outsole along with a covered toe cap.
All these combine together to give matchless durability and stability on all terrains. You will also find a helpful rubber heel counter for firm traction, even on slippery areas.
Its high-quality rubber shell offers extra toughness and makes it entirely waterproof snake boots. The material is thick enough to prevent the water from entering into shoes, whereas the PU insole allows for soft cushioning and is excellent shock-resistant.
- The sturdy design makes it the best women’s snake-proof boots
- The rubber provides a firm grip on slippery surfaces
- Comes with steel toe protection
- Smooth closure
- Not suitable for hot conditions
If you’re about to buy the best waterproof snake boots, chances are higher that you can get lost due to the abundance of different pairs on the market with various features, weights, designs, comforts levels, and more.
So, here are some points which you should consider before paying for a new pair.
The first and foremost consideration is the coverage provided by the boots. You will most likely find snakes lurking on the ground, buried in the terrain, which means that they are most likely to hurt your feet and legs.
Generally, the snake-proof boots are long and provide reliable protection but confirm the length and coverage before buying, and it would be better if you opt for over-the-knee snake boots. These are useful for grassy areas.
Different snake boots are crafted for different conditions and environments. Some are best for wetlands, whereas some are more suitable for dry areas. Similarly, some are heat-resistant and specifically designed for hot conditions.
Here, your personal liking also comes into play. Some waterproof snake boots feature a simple design, while you will also find stylish military tactical snake boots.
If you use snake boots most of the time in the day, especially in hot conditions, it’s vital to consider the breathability of boots. Here would advise you to go for shoes that come with linings and moisture-wicking properties to keep your feet cool and comfortable.
Closure and Fastening
This might not be an essential feature, but it’s worthy of your consideration. Although it won’t make your snake boots better, it will make things easier. You can also pick zippers boots apart from lace-up boots. So, take your time and pick the one that suits you the most.
Keep in mind, all snake boots will feel a bit stiff for a certain period, and you will find them difficult to wear, especially for hunting purposes. However, after a couple of days, you can comfortably wear them for all purposes.
Further, some other features also impact the boot’s comfort level, such as the heel height, inner liner, arch support, etc. So, before finalizing your pick, it is recommended to note down your personal comfort considerations and then buy the pair.
In general, snake boots tend to get heavy, especially when you are out for a long walk. Though, you need a lightweight snake boot that you can easily wear without feeling fatigued on your feet.
However, heavy snake boots are a much better choice if you wade through water, muck, or snow as they will keep your feet relaxed and dry.
Water Resistance Capabilities
If looking for the best waterproof snake boots, their waterproofing abilities are the most worthy considerations. Keep in mind that not all snake shoes are waterproof; some are water-resistant.
Mostly, these capabilities depend on the material used in the manufacturing of boots. The most common and widely snake boots have high-quality leather materials that make them resistant to water. However, these are not suitable when fully submerged in water.
If you’re paddling through long patches of mud, water, and other similar elements, the rubber-made snake boots are a perfect choice because rubber material makes them 100% waterproof.
If you are purchasing snake boots, it is advised to look for the one that comes with a solid warranty. This also confirms the boot’s quality and gives you the option to replace or repair them without spending any extra amount.
Ease of Cleaning
Let’s accept it; your boots will not be shining when you use them in water, mud, sand, or mountains. So, if you like crisp and tidy boots, look for a pair that you can clean quickly and effortlessly. Here, rubber snake boots are recommended.
To clean rubber snake shoes, just spray on them with a hose, scrub with a soft brush, and it is done. All other materials, such as leather, require hard scrubbing and conditioning.
Wrapping it All Up
It was not that simple to narrow down and covert all the snake boots into one list of the best waterproof snake boots. But someone had to accept the challenge and do it.
All these are the best waterproof snake boots in 2022 and only focus on two things, the ultimate protection and superb comfort. Plus, these are also quite affordable, so these boots will not break your bank account.
Pick any of those and let us know in the comments below.
FAQ About: Best Waterproof Snake Boots
Do rubber boots protect you from snake bites?
The short answer is yes; high-quality rubber boots will keep you safe from snake bites because these are designed with durable and sturdy materials that stop fangs from reaching into your skin.
How do I know these boots really do stop a snake bite?
First of all, if these boots don’t stop a snake bite, they will be in serious trouble because snake boots are advertised to prevent snake bites. Hence, anyone can easily sue them for that reason.
So, we can say that all boots sold and advertised as snake boots will prevent snake bites.
What’s the Difference Between Snake Boots and Snake Gaiters?
The significant difference between these is that the snake gaiters are not actually footwear, but they are more of a thing you put around your leg. While snake boots are a pair of actual boots that prevent snake bites.
However, both snake boots and the best snake-proof gaiters offer reliable protection from snake bites. Another major difference is that snake gaiters are easy to put on and quick than snake boots.
Are there even venomous snakes in the United States?
Yes, there are many! To be precise, you will find more than 20 different poisonous snakes only in the United States. So, it is important to have adequate protection from snake bites.
Are Snake Proof Boots Heavy?
Yes and No. Because you will find many types of snake boots on the market with different materials. You can get a lightweight snake boot, and you will also find heavier snake boots. All this depends on the materials and the boot’s construction.
Will cowboy boots protect you from snakes?
But for complete and reliable protection, it is recommended that you use snake boots designed to protect your feet and lower leg from snake bites.
Do Companies Make Snake Boots for Ladies?
The short answer is, yes, they do. But options are limited. But in recent times, almost all well-known brands are designing special women’s waterproof snake-proof boots as well that provide complete protection from snake bites.
Why Do Some Snake Proof Boots Have Multiple Materials?
Mostly, you will find thick and multiple layers of rubber and leather in snake-proof boots. This is because both these materials offer adequate protection and avert the snake’s fangs from reaching your skin.
And for strengthening the combination of different, multiple materials are used to make the best snake-proof boots.
What To Do If You Get Bitten By A Snake?
While snake boots offer reliable protection, but there are snake species that can still hurt you. So, the experts and doctors recommend these things that you must do when bitten by a venomous snake:
Don’t try to be a hero and call 911 immediately, especially if you see any discoloration or swelling around the affected part. Then:
- Stay calm and go above the snake’s striking distance.
- If you are wearing any jewelry or tight clothing, remove them.
- Position yourself in such a way that the bite stays below your heart, if possible.
- Now, treat the wound, but never flush it with water. Instead, clean it with a dry dressing.
Some other things that you can do after a snake bite:
- Never use a bandage or too much water or ice.
- Never try to cut the wound.
- Never try to remove the venom.
- Never drink caffeine or alcohol as it can speed your body’s absorption rate.
- Never try to find or capture the snake.